How to Hit a Long Bunker Shot
Lots of people say long bunkers shots are the hardest shot in golf. From somewhere around 40 yards, it is too far to hit it like a regular bunker shots. But it's too close to pick the ball cleanly.
However I don't think this shot doesn't have to be so hard.
Some golfers try to hit it cleanly, but I never do that from this distance from sand.
Here is the easy way to hit it.
1) Use 9 iron instead of sand wedge
2) Open the face of 9 iron slightly
3) Open your feet and shoulders slightly at address
4) Aim 2 inches behind the ball and hit it like a regular bunker shots
5) Take bigger swing and accelerate through impact
By using 9 iron instead of sand wedge, you can add distance.
But remember that this shot isn't easy for most people. So aim at the center of the green and be happy if you can land it on the green. If there is a trouble off the green, try to aim away from the trouble.
- Fat Shots
- Fairway Woods
- Long Iron
- Short Iron
- Pull / Push
- Shots from Rough
- Fairway Bunker