How to Hit High or Low Bunker Shots
Before you read this article, please see How to Hit a Bunker Shots.
Hitting it high
To hit it higher, you need to adjust your set-up.
1) Open your face more. Also, open your shoulders and feet more as well
2) When gripping, open your face before gripping the club
3) To hit it extra high, widen your stance a bit more
4) Try to aim 1 or 2 inches behind the ball and slide the clubhead under the ball
5) As you take your follow though, make sure your face points toward the sky after impact
Make sure to keep your knee flex during the swing to slide the clubface under the ball.
Hitting it low
If you have lots of green to work with, you might want to roll the ball to the pin. It's much easier to control distance this way.
To hit it low with less spin, adjust your set-up like below.
1) Position your ball in the center of your stance
2) If you want to hit it much lower, use square face at address
3) Aim 2 to 3 inches behind the ball
4) Keep you clubhead low to the ground after impact
To take spin off the ball, you want to take more sand. So aim 2 to 3 inches behind the ball.
You can also use pitching wedge or 9 iron for much lower bunker shots.
- Fat Shots
- Fairway Woods
- Long Iron
- Short Iron
- Pull / Push
- Shots from Rough
- Fairway Bunker